Tuesday, 11 June 2019

Sloop John B

We [G] come on the Sloop [C] John [G] B,
My grandfather [C] and [G] me
Around Nassau town we did [D] roam,
Drinking all [G] night, got into a [C] fi-[Cmaj7]ght [Am]
I [G] feel so broke up, [D] I want to go [G] home
 
So [G] hoist up the John [C] B's [G] sail,
See how the main [C] sail [G] sets,
Call for the Captain ashore, let me go [D] home,
I want to go [G] home, let me go [C] ho-[Cmaj7]me [Am]
I [G] feel so broke up [D] I want to go [G] home

The [G] first mate he [C] got [G] drunk,
And broke in the Cap-[C]tain's [G] trunk
The constable had to come and take him [D] away
Sheriff John [G] Stone why don't you leave me [C] al-[Cmaj7]one [Am]
Well I [G] feel so broke up, [D] I want to go [G] home
 
Chorus
 
The [G] poor cook he caught [C] the [G] fits,
And threw away all [C] my [G] grits
And then he took and he ate up all of my [D] corn
Let me go [G] home, why don't they let me go [C] ho-[Cmaj7]me [Am]
This [G] is the worst trip [D] I've ever been [G] on

Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment