Wednesday, 15 May 2019

Wild Mountain Thyme

Melody starts on C

[C] Oh the summer-[F]time is [C] come

And the [F] trees are sweetly [C] bloomin’

And the [F] wild [C] mountain [Am] thyme

All the [Dm] bowers are [F] perfuming

Will ye [C] go, [F] lassie [C] go?

 

[C] And we'll [F] all go to-[C]gether

To pull [F] wild [C] mountain [Am] thyme

All a-[Dm]round the purple [F] heather

Will ye [C] go, [F] lassie [C] go?

 

[C] I will build my [F] love a [C] bower

Near yon' [F] pure crystal [C] fountain

And [F] on and on [C] I’ll [Am] pile

All the [Dm] flowers of the [F] mountain

Will ye [C] go, [F] lassie [C] go?

 

Chorus

 

[C] I will give my [F] love a [C] rose

Free of [F] any twining [C] bramble

Through the [F] water [C] and the [Am] flame

To-[Dm]gether we will [F] ramble

Will ye [C] go, [F] lassie [C] go?

 

Chorus

 

[C] If my true love [F] she won’t [C] come

I will [F] surely find an-[C]other

To pull [F] wild [C] mountain [Am] thyme

All a-[Dm]round the purple [F] heather

Will ye [C] go, [F] lassie [C] go?   

 

Chorus x 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment