Saturday, 9 March 2019

English Country Garden

Melody starts on G

[G] How many [C] kinds of [D] sweet flowers [G] grow
In an English [C] country [D] gar-[G]den?
I'll tell you [C] now of [D] some that I [G] know
And those I miss you’ll [C] surely [D] par-[G]don

Daffodil, heart's-[D]ease and phlox, [G] Meadowsweet and [D] lady’s fox
[G] Gentian, [A7] lupin and [D] tall holly-[D7]hocks
Roses, [G] foxgloves, [C] snowdrops, [D] forget me-[G]nots
In an English [C] country [D] gar-[G]den

How many [C] insects [D] come here and [G] go
Through our English [C] country [D] gar-[G]den?
I'll tell you [C] now of [D] some that I [G] know
And those I miss you’ll [C] surely [D] par-[G]don

Fireflies, moths [D] and bees, [G] spiders climbing [D] in the trees
[G] Butterflies [A7] sway on the [D] cool gentle [D7] breeze
There are [G] snakes, ants that [C] sting and [D] creeping [G] things
In an English [C] country [D] gar-[G]den

How many [C] songbirds [D] fly to and [G] fro
Through our English [C] country [D] gar-[G]den?
I'll tell you [C] now of [D] some that I [G] know
And those I miss you’ll [C] surely [D] par-[G]don

Bobolink, cuck-[D]oo and quail, [G] tanager and [D] cardinal
[G] Bluebird [A7] lark [D] thrush and nightin-[D7] gale
There is [G] joy in the [C] spring when the [D] birds begin to [G] sing
In an English [C] country [D] gar-[G]den

No comments:

Post a Comment