Saturday, 9 March 2019

Early One Morning

This version Keith Walmsley-Smith 2020

[A] Early one morning, just [D] as the sun was [E7] rising
I [A] heard a young maid sing in the [D] va-[E7]lley be-[A]low:
[E7] Oh, don't de-[A]ceive me, [E7] oh never [A] leave me,
How could you [D] use, a [A] poor [E7] maiden [A] so?

Oh gay is the garland, and [D] fresh are the [E7] roses,
I've [A] picked from the garden, to [D] lay u-[E7]pon thy [A] brow.
[E7] Oh, don't de-[A]ceive me, [E7] oh never [A] leave me,
How could you [D] use, a [A] poor [E7] maiden [A] so?

Remember the vows, that you [D] made to your [E7] Mary
Re-[A]member the bow'r, where you [D] promised [E7] to be [A] true.
[E7] Oh, don't de-[A]ceive me, [E7] oh never [A] leave me,
How could you [D] use, a [A] poor [E7] maiden [A] so?

Thus sang the maiden, her [D] sorrows be-[E7]wailing,
Thus, [A] sang the maiden, in the [D] va-[E7]lley be-[A]low.
[E7] Oh, don't de-[A]ceive me, [E7] oh never [A] leave me,
How could you [D] use, a [A] poor [E7] maiden [A] so?

Thus did I hear her sing, [D] mo-ved by her [E7] lamenting
[A] Never did I leave you, nor [D] mean to [E7] grieve you [A] so
[E7] By vows e-[A]ternal, [E7] thus will I [A] love you
Stay with you [D] always and [A] leave [E7] you no [A] more

No comments:

Post a Comment