Tuesday, 11 June 2019

Last Night I had the Strangest Dream

Melody starts on G

Last [C] night I had the strangest dream
[C7] I'd [F] ever dreamed be-[C]fore
I [G7] dreamed the world had [C] all agreed [Am] to
[Dm] put an [G7] end to [C] war

I [C] dreamed I saw a mighty room
[C7] T’was [F] filled with women and [C] men
And the [G7] paper they were [C] signing [Am] said
They'd [Dm] never [G7] fight a-[C]gain

And [C] when the paper was all signed
[C7] And a [F] million copies [C] made
They [G7] all joined hands and [C] bowed their [Am] heads
And [Dm] grateful [G7] prayers were [C] prayed

And the [C] people in the streets below
[C7] Were [F] dancing 'round and [C] 'round
While [G7] swords and guns and [C] uniforms [Am] were
[Dm] scattered [G7] on the [C] ground

No comments:

Post a Comment