Saturday, 9 March 2019

Those Were The Days

[Dm]¯ Once upon a time there was a [Dm7]¯ tavern
[D7]¯ Where we used to raise a glass or [Gm]¯ two
Remember how we laughed away the [Dm]¯ hours
And [E7]¯ dreamed of all the great things we would [A7]¯ do

Those were the [Dm] days my friend we thought they'd [Gm] never end
We'd sing and [C] dance for-[C7]ever and a [F] day
We'd live the [Gm] life we choose, we'd fight and [Dm] never lose
For we were [A7] young and sure to have our [Dm] way
Laaa la la Laaa la la [D7] la la la [Gm] laaa la la
Those were the [A7] days, oh yes those were the [Dm] days

[Dm]¯ Then the busy years went rushing [Dm7]¯ by us
We [D7]¯ lost our starry notions on the [Gm]¯ way
If by chance I'd see you in the [Dm]¯ tavern
We'd [E7]¯ smile at one another and we'd [A7]¯ say

[Dm]¯ Just tonight I stood before the [Dm7]¯ tavern
[D7]¯ Nothing seemed the way it used to [Gm]¯ be
In the glass I saw a strange re-[Dm]¯flection
[E7]¯ Was that lonely woman really [A7]¯ me

[Dm]¯ Through the door there came familiar [Dm7]¯ laughter
I [D7]¯ saw your face and heard you call my [Gm]¯ name
Oh, my friend we're older but no [Dm]¯ wiser
For [E7]¯ in our hearts the dreams are still the [A7]¯ same 

No comments:

Post a Comment